Wednesday, February 09, 2005

8 February 2005

I plan to update my diary on a daily basis but it doesn't always happen due to various reasons. I had terrible problems with my laptop and internet today and have not been able to update my diary at all. I feel very bad about it because I know Neil and Rosemary have been reading my diary with interest and I 've promised Neil that I would update it daily.

I woke up before the alarm clock went off this morning. It was still dark outside. I looked at the time and it was only 6.00 a.m. I’m usually anxious on Tuesday mornings – I know I have to get up and get ready to go to my physio session at MECRS. Lillian must be a bit tired. She didn’t wake up until 7.30 a.m.

I’m a bit anxious about the taxi this morning. It’s pouring outside and when the whether is like this, the traffic is usually bad. Tim took Lillian to childcare just after 8.00 a.m. (a bit earlier than usual but he has too much work to do so the earlier he takes her there, the earlier he can start working). To my surprise, the taxi actually turned up on time – just about 8.30 a.m. I had to walk to the taxi in the pouring rain – can’t really handle a stick and an umbrella at the same time. I wonder if they sell stick with detachable umbrella, it would be quite useful, I think.

We then went to pick up the retired doctor who lives in Gatehouse St. I had to remind the taxi driver to pick him up and where to go. I wonder what happens when they pick up patients who really have memory problems. Would they know where to take them? The taxi driver took a different route this morning (usually we go by Royal Pde). I’m not familiar with the Flemington Rd route to MECRS and the taxi driver was driving quite fast and we went through the wrong gate. Again, I had to direct him where to go. All these time, the retired doctor sitting in the back thought the taxi driver knew exactly where to take us and was very impressed by that. I hate to think what would happen if I leave him in the taxi by himself!

We got to the centre fairly early so I sat down next to the retired doctor and chatted for a while. He told me that this is the last time he’s coming to the centre on Tuesday mornings. They’ve changed his appointments to Wednesdays. This is sad news for me. I quite enjoy sharing the taxi with him – at least, I know the taxi would turn up on time. I guess next Tuesday morning will be another test of my luck with the taxi!

I got to the physio gym around 9.00 a.m. and Fiona was not there yet. I sat in the waiting area for a while. 10 minutes later, there is still no sight of her and I didn’t want to waste too much time so I went into the gym and sat up the mirror in front of walking rails and started my walking practice. When Fiona turned up, she got me to get on the treadmill for a while and went away. After I finished the treadmill, she got me to get on a mini trampoline and practice bouncing off my feet. She said this is the preparation for running. She also mentioned that she learned this from Gavin, the physiotherapist from Epworth, who recently submitted his PhD thesis on running. I did this for a bit while she’s treating another patient. It seemed to be such an easy exercise but I just couldn’t do it! Time seemed to have passed quickly. Before long, it’s time for my hydro session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home