Monday, January 24, 2005

20 January 2005

I saw Sally (another patient) at the pool in hydro. She's in an electrical wheelchair. I recognise her from my days as an in-patient. I don't know what has happened to her because she's always been transferred by hoist machine. She asked me what happened to me. I told her what happened. I asked her back. She said she had an aneurysm 8 years ago and she's been like that ever since. She is quite envious that I can walk! 2 seconds later, she asked me again what happened to me. I told her again. She asked me again and again. After about 5 or 6 times, a physio came to take her to the hoist machine. I was quite relieved that I won't have to keep telling her what happened to me. I felt I started to sound like a broken record. For the first time, I understand why Prof Kaye was so glad to see me walking and why Tim was so worried when I was first admitted at MECRS. I guess I could be a lot worse.

I told Fiona in my physio session that I went to see John Olver and he suggested a Botox to fix the ankle inversion problem. Fiona thinks the ankle problem is due to muscle imbalance and a Botox probably won't help but it won't do any harm so it's ok to try.

She also told me that I'll probably be discharged from MECRS around end of March or April. This is like bolt out of the blue for me. I didn't expect to be discharged so early. I know she is going on maternity leave at the end of March but that shouldn't mean I have to be discharged just because she's not around. I must admit this news stressed me out a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home