Sunday, February 06, 2005

7 February 2005

I had an appointment with an OT driving assesser this morning. My alarm clock went off at around 7.00 a.m. but Lillian was still asleep so I didn't get up until she was awake. I had another shower standing up this morning (yesterday, I decided that it's time I ditch the shower stool and just have a shower like I used to). It's a little bit tricky at first but I got used to it quikly.

Tim was already feeding Lillian breakfast when I was in the shower. I fed Lillian some of my toast and a few bites of my nectarine and she was ready to go to childcare. Tim took Lillian to the change table and changed her into the clothes I picked for her last night. I put on some sunscreen on her face and arm after cleaning her face and hands. Tim decided to walk there today so he put her in the pram and went.

I took a taxi to my OT driving assessment. There is no OT who does the driving assessment at MECRS so I had to find one elsewhere. I found one in Sydney Road, Brunswick(about 5 minutes drive from my house). I got there quite early so I had to wait for a while. While I was waiting, I took a seat that's facing the window so I could observe the walking styles of the passerby. Maybe I notice it a lot more these days - I found that a many people tend to limp a bit when they are walking. I don't know whether they are aware of that.

The first part of the driving assessment is the off-road test. The OT checked my vision, inluding visual fields and my muscle strengths in my arm and leg. He commented that fortunately I drive an automatic car because he didn't think I could drive a manual car. I'm booked in for an on-road test in two weeks.

After I got home from my appointment, I was working like a good house wife - I did the laundry and put the washing on the clothes line. Unloaded the dishwasher using my left hand and put a new load on (also with left hand). I then cooked Lillian some dinner. I also followed a recipe in the Australian Table magazine - Lamb chops with tomato and basil sauce. It was a bit disastrous - I think I over-chopped the tomatoes, peppers and onions - they look a bit like puree instead of finely chopped. I thought it would be easier to use my 'mini whizz' - the food processor I use to prepare Lillian's food. Well, I'll have to see Tim's reaction when I serve dinner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home