Saturday, February 05, 2005

4 February 2005

Today is a very special day - it's Lillian's 1st birthday. She is at my parents' place so we'll visit her tonight. Tim has too much work to do this weekend so we have decided to leave her there till Sunday night.

I had a deep tissue massage session with Judy this morning. Today is also her birthday but she's kind enough to work on her birthday (she usually have Fridays off). I told her about my appointment with Gavin on Wednesday and she's very happy that they thought I could do better because that's what she thought, too. She said if she didn't think I could be better, she wouldn't bother treating me every week.

I had a meeting with Dale, the social worker, in the afternoon. We went to Rathdowne Street for our coffee this time. I told him that I'm a bit stressed out thinking about being discharged around end of March. He was a bit surprised at the date. I told him that Fary Khan told me that I'll be discharged in around end of March and I should be thinking about going back to work. He told me it would be around early May acccording to his understanding and it's still way too early for me to go back to work. He doesn't think I'll be able to go back and work full time just yet. I'll probably start with a few hours a day and gradually increase the hours. Like everyone else at MECRS, he said fatigue is a real issue for people who have had brain injuries. Tim doesn't belive that's true(even though Prof Kaye said the same thing when I asked him before Christmas). I refused to believe that until Lillian moved back with us - I started to feel tired more easily. Maybe there is a lot more to do when she is around.

Neil came around later in the afternoon. As usual, he checekd my exercise book to see if I have been doing my exercises. I got into a bit of trouble for not updating the diary everyday - this is why I'm madly typing away this week's diary all at once. I suspect there has been some natural recovery in my brain this week. A lot of things I couldn't do before, I suddenly can do it more easily now. For example, I always had a bit of problem with Neil's Mt Everest exercise. He always had to remind me not to do a 'shotput'. Since the pile(of books) is quite high, he said my arm tends to stop at a certain point and instead of going forward and up, my arm tends to go backward and up - a bit like playing shotput. Today, that problem seemed to have gone away and I can do it a lot easier now.

Tim and I went to my parents' place for dinner. We bought a birthday cake from Brunetti for Lillian. She seemed to know something was going on. She didn't want much dinner but had plenty of appeitite for her birthday cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home