Thursday, January 20, 2005

17 January

17 January 2005

This is my first diary entry for the year. We only just got back from Canberra last Thursday night. Over the weekend, we managed to get an exercise bike similar to the one we hired while in Canberra. Tim has started me on the exercise bike for 15 minutes in the mornings and 15 minutes in the evenings and 100 steps on the step machine after the exercise bike every day.

I had a deep tissue massage session with Judy this morning. She was very pleased to see the exercise bike and the step machine. She said she could tell that my leg muscles are getting better. She said at one stage she was really worried about my leg muscles were getting shorter from not being used properly but now she thinks the muscles have improved so I must’ve done something right. I think the exercise bike and the step machine must have helped.

After lunch, Jacqui (OT) came to work with me on how to carry Lillian around the house. I told her that I practiced quite a bit of that when I was in Canberra. The biggest challenge for me in our house is to carry her up and down the stairs. Jacqui mentioned to me last time that if I have a sarong, she could probably make a sling out of it and we can experiment it to carry Lillian around in that. I found a sarong which was given to me by a friend when I was in high school. She bought it for me in Malaysia. I put it in a drawer and have forgotten about it. It’s been sitting there for more than 10 years – I couldn’t think of any way I could use it until now. Jacqui made a sling for me using the sarong. We tried to carry Lillian up and down the stairs but in the end, Jacqui thought the sling was too insecure for Lillian because she’s very active and wriggles a lot. We looked up on the internet for other options and found a sling called ‘Hug a Bub’. Something that Tim and I will have to look into over the weekend.

In the afternoon, Neil came to help me with my exercises. It’s really good to start working with him and Rosemary again. I haven’t seen them for almost two months.
Neil reviewed the exercises he set for me on December 9 and have noted a lot of improvement since then. He had to change some of the exercises for me because as I improve, they become too easy for me. One of the exercises he got me to do is placing a juggling ball on a pile of books on the bench facing me directly (shoulder flextion). This time, he had to add two more volumes of ATP tax legislations on the existing pile of books to make it a worthwile exercise for me. He commented that the way I’m progressing I’ll run out of tax legislations soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home