Thursday, December 21, 2006

22 December 2006

I thought I'd better update the diary before Christmas, otherwise I'll probably never get around to do it.

I have been home with Lillian all day. The childcare finished yesterday but Tim is still working today. The gym closed from last night as well so I didn't have to get up especially early this morning.

I think my brain is having a pretty good run this week. On Monday, for the first time, I could do a full cycle of scarf juggling. I have been learning this for months from Kate and have been feeling a bit frustrated that I wasn't getting anywhere. For some reason, it suddenly became easier on Monday when I was practising before my juggling lesson with Kate. She was very impressed with the sudden progress. I didn't have the heart to tell her that 'actually, it was sort of the last minute practice before our lesson'. I found it strange that sometimes I could practise for hours during the week and not getting anywhere but suddenly made a big progress in 5 minutes of practice.

My running is getting better all of a sudden as well. I have been a bit frustrated with my running for a while now. I know I should practise more because Gavin is always on my case for not having more practise sessions before I see him. My answer to him is that I can't find an open space to run because I haven't got a lawn at home. He told me I could just go to a park and run but my excuse for not being able to do that is because there are too many people at the park and I feel too self conscious when there are other people around. I know these are really pathetic reasons and I will definitely try to do more running practice in the new year. I did try to go to a small park near our house with Tim a few weeks ago but there were many dogs droppings so I had to keep stopping to avoid stepping on them.

I went to the running group at Epworth on Wednesday. To my surprise, there were so many people turned up on that day. I felt a bit self conscious because they were all running much better than I do, given that their injuries seem more severe that many cannot speak very well and need to have carerer with them, I felt a bit embarrassed. To my surprise, I was running better after a while. It was the first time I felt the push off in my left calf and I was landing on my toes. Even Gavin was saying it looked a lot more automatic. I wonder if it had anything to do with my big workout at the gym that morning and the day before. I had a 2 1/2 hours workout that morning. I think it may have just warmed up all my leg muscles.

The gym classes have finished last week so I could only go to the gym this week. Normally, Tuesdays are my biggest workout day. I would go to BodyPump at 7.30 a.m., gym at 8.30 a.m and then go home have a quick shower and have a quick bite and go to Cardio Box at 12 pm and Fitball class at 1 pm and then go home for physio with Prema at 2.30 pm and then quickly whip up some dinner and go to BodyBalance at 5.45 pm. I know it sounds crazy because how is it possible to attend so many sessions in a day. I think it was eaiser for me when I increased the number of sessions gradually. I didn;t discover BodyBalance and Fitball classes until the second half of the year so it gave me a bit more time to increase the sessions over time.

I think I have to admit that I'm a real addict. Since there were no classes this week, I went to the gym as usual on Tuesday morning. I thought since I didn't have to rush off to the classes, I could just take my time with the workout. I did almost an hour of cardio exercises and then my usual gym program. To finish off, I thought I'd better go through the exercises they do in BodyPump but just using the dumb bells instead of barbells. After a few sets, I still didn't feel I worked enough and I was thinking may be I should do the whole thing (including cardio exercises) all over again until I looked at the time. I got there at 8.30 a.m. but when I looked at the time, it was 11.30 a.m. I couldn't believe I was there for 3 hours. I had to drag myself out of there or I might feel really sorry the next day or 2. When I told Tim about this, he just laughed and said ' you are a total addict!'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home