Thursday, July 27, 2006

27 July 2006

I feel that I had to take somes time to update the blog because of something happened yesterday. I guess it wasn't particularly special but to me it made me feel a sense of schievement.

I went to the usual BodyPump class yesteday afternoon after my session with Prema. I decided to get there a bit earlier and queue up in the line since the classes get pretty crowded when the semester started again on Monday. The Wednesday 5.20 pm class is usually crowded because many people who work at the University attend as well. I always try to get a spot near the wall and the weights so I can use the wall for balance when we stretch the quads. It's also good to be near the weights so I don't have far to carry them.

I was the first one in the queue so I sat down and waited. Then,another girl in an Ormond College jumper came and queued up after me and then a whole lot of other people queued up as well. I noticed that this Ormond College girl was standing and kept bending over and stretching. At first, I thought she has a bad back. Then, she started talking to someone she knew. She told the other person that she went to Cardio Boxing on Monday night and BodyPump on Tuesday morning and that just didi it. She said she's so sore and if she sits down, she wouldn't be able to get up again. I know it probably doesn't sound any special to peopleI guess what she said may not mean anything to most people but it meant a lot to me. I wasn't feeling well from Monday so I only went to the gym in the morning before going to work and didn't go to any classes that ervening. But I well made up for it on Tuesday - went to BodyPump and then 1.5 hours of gym and then rushed back to get the car to see my doctor and then rush back to a Cardio Box class before rushing back home to grab some lunch and then rush back to the gym for personal training and more gym after personal traing. And then rushed back home to cook before rushing back for BodyBalance class. Ok, this sounds really long winded but I had abbout 6 hours of gym, classes and personal training and I was feeling abit tired but not so sore that I couldn't move. I guess this means I'm actually fitter than a normal person. Isn't that a wonderful feeling? I guess I never actually thought about it before that although I have some disabilities but I'm actually quite fit these days. Tim said the amount of traing I do these days is equivalent to the amount of traing an elite atheletic would have done.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the rehab world seems so small and everyone know everyone. I got up at 5.30 a.m. yesterday morning and went to the gym before my pilates class. I thought I'd better do it this way so I don't have to walk up and down to the gym 3 times sine I was going to Epworth for physio after pilates. My phone rang in the class. My bag was right next to me but I didn't bother anwsering it. I thought it can only be two persons rining me this early in the morning - either Tim can't find something or Gavin reschedulling my appointment. In either case, it would annoy me greatly when I have bad PMT, it's best not taking the phone and just check the message later. It turned out that Gavin is away sick and the receptionist called to tell me not to go in. This is so wierd. I was happy in a way because I've never seen Gavin sick. When I had the flu on the weekend, I was just thinking that I wonder if he ever gets sick because I've never seen him taken and sick leave. Ok, I have now.

I was a little a bit annoyed because had I known he's sick, I could have slept in for another half an hour and go to the gym after pilates. Now I suddenly had more time at my hand, the natural place to go is the GYM. I went bacx to the gym and did it all over again. When I was about 6 minutes into my workout on the elliptical, a girl came up to me and said hello. At first, I was annoyed, thinking she might be waiting for the elliptical I was on. I had an incident with another guy aq few weeks ago that he wanted me to stick to the gym policy that there's a 30 min restriction on all cardio equipment during peak hours. I had already finished myt 30 min and was doing the 5 min cooldown. He stood right next to the machine and wouldn't leave until I cut short of my cooldown. I thought this girl was going to ask me when I'd finish etc. It turned out that she works at the gym and also worked with Erica, the boxing instructor who is alsdo a physio. Erica told her about me. She told me she works at the gym and she thought there maybe things that she can help me with. She also told me she knows Gavin as well. It's very nice of her but it feels really wierd having people go up to you and ask you if you had a stroke and claims that they know your physio or some instructor for a class.

I actually went to see her this morning at the gym. I thought I might as well give that a try because you never know what you might benefit from that. Given that she has a lot of experience with people like me, it's probably better to see her than just any gym staff. She went through some exercises with me and wrote up a program for me.

I went to another BodyPump class after lunch. I had 10 sessions already and it's only Thursday. I guess I feel time is running out for me and I'm just working really hard like if there is no tomorrow. I have another appointment with an occupational physician in 2 weeks. This time, I don't think I can say that I can't increase my work hours or I think it may jeopardise my work situation. I don't know what my GP was thinking when he was writing a report to her. He told her that I'm most unlikely to get better physically than I already am and that I most definitely have cognitive deficits and a neuropsychological test should be done. I don't know what sort of drugs he was on when he wrote this to her but he definitely fxxxked up this time. I'm still upset with him because it was bad enough that he didn't refer me to have a scan when I first had bad headaches aqnd dizziness and now it's this. I guess there is nothing much i can do now except just get on with my life as normal until I have to deal with it. I know this sounds really sick but I'm actually enjoying doing rehab now. Sometimes, I'm thinking 'isn't it so wrong to enjoy rehab and think it's almost the best time in your life?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home