Thursday, August 03, 2006

3 August 2006

It's a terrible feeling to count down the number of days before my appointment with the occupational physician next Wednesday. I'm really nervous about seeing her because I know this time I cannot say that I'm really fatiqued that I can't increase my work hours or I'll really be in trouble. I think because I know I don't have all that much time left to do my rehab, I'm working harder than ever.

It's really dangerous to get the 'can't be bothers'. I missed out the aerobics class once because I had to see Judy, the massage therapist, at her clinic. Ever since then, I have been missing the classes every Monday night. I knew this was goingf to happen that's why I have treated these classes like appointments or real classes/lectures so i don't miss them. Once you miss a session, it's so easy just to miss them all. After all, it takes a lot of discipline to attend them consistently.

Last Tuesday, I had to walk back and forth between gym and home 4 times so this time I was better prepared. I brought my towels for the shower and even packed a sandwich for lunch. I went to BodyPump class at 7.30 am and then went straight to the gym for a couple of hours. I had a shower at the changeroom after gym. It was the first time I had a shower there. I normally go home for shower since we live only 10 minutes away from the gym. I have to admit that I took the easy way out by using the disabled bathroom. It's like a mini bathroom on its own - with toilet and shower and a bench. I guess I could use the normal shower but it just means I would have to leave my clothes and shoes outside and then I will have to walk from the shower to the bench barefeet. I sometimes wonder if there are actually any really disabled people using the bathroom there because I found the cord was too short and if the person was in wheekchair, she wouldn't be able to take a proper shower anyway. It makes you wonder whether the disabled facilities were designed in consultation with OTs.

After having a shower, I still had plenty of time before the cardio box class. I was able to have a little break and have some lunch before the class. I think it was good that I did the boxing short course because I think I'm getting a better workout when I have better technique. Now, I feel that even though I don't jog or hop around in the class, I can still get a good cardio workout by just punching the bags really hard and move around a bit.

I had to rush back home right after the class for my appointment with Prema. When I got home, she was already waiting outside. My appointment with her was 1.15 pm but my class finished at about 1.05 pm. I knew she only just got there because I was walking behind her except I was too far away to catch up.

I went back to the gym for the BodyBalance class in the evening. That concluded my 3 classes, 1 gym session and 1 physio session for the day. I was exhausted by the end of it but I felt it was necessary since I won't have much time for it once my work hours increase again.

I have noticed that as I'm getting stronger and better physically, I tend to forget how bad I was and have become less sympathetic of peopole in my situation. I know it's very bad of me to do that. That's the reason why I feel I should mention it in the blog so I don't ever forget where I came from. When I went to physio yeasterday afternoon, I was glad to see that Gavin's face was a bit better. The scars were hardly visible. I didn't really look whether he had his teeth fixed just in case if he didn't I might start laughing again. When he was taping my ankle, he was tellingt another guy to do some pushups. That guy hesitated and asked if it's ok to do pushups on his knees. Gavin said ' yes, ok. but you have to put the dess on'. The guy didn't know what he was talking about and just grabbed something from the physio bed and asked if that's it. Gavin said ' no, the dress... if you want to do girls pushups, you've got to put the dress on...'. I cracked up laughing. I thought it's so funny but that guy was very embarrassed. I feel a bit guilty to laugh at someone like that. But I guess at least I wasn't the one who made those comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home