Wednesday, May 11, 2005

12 May 2005

It was nice not to have the builders in the house early in the morning. They told me yesterday that the people who do the heatings will come in between 10 and 12 to instal the floor heating and they will return on Friday. I'm quite happy to have the house to myself for one day.

The floor heating people came just about 10 a.m. and I left them in the bathroom to do whatever they had to do.

I had an appointment with Prema in the morning. I haven't seen her for two weeks. When I saw her last time, she had a bit of problem with her right hand. Apparently, she went to have acupuncture and the acupuncturist stuck a needle in her nerve and caused a lot of pain in her hand. She said her hand has not completely recovered yet and she has lodged a complaint against the acupuncturist.

Apart from answering the questions that I had, Prema wanted to look at my gait again. She asked me to walk down the hallway and then she facilitated a bit which made me walk a bit faster because I was able to take bigger right step. I think this is good practice because I need to remember what it feels like so I can do that myself next time.

I told Prema that Gavin often comments that my hip tends to collapse when I walk but I just don't know how to hold it so it doesn't collapse. She had a look for me and tried to get me to do a few exercises in front of the mirror. The problem is even in front of the mirror I often cannot tell if my hip has collapsed or not and I cannot feel it at all. She got me to do an exaggerated version of collapsing my hip and then try to hold it. I think I could feel the difference better this way. She said the difference is quite subtle and difficult to tell just by looking.

After Prema's session, I had a massage session with Judy. Judy actually turned up while Prema was still here. Judy asked Prema if there is anything in particular she needs to work on me. Prema told her that she might need to look at my calf because I haven't been stretching. I told Prema that I haven't been doing my calf stretches. I didn't tell her that Gavin thinks calves are often over-stretched and under-utilised. I left my stretch wedge in Canberra so I can't really do it now. Judy thought my leg was not too bad considering I haven't seen her for two weeks. She mainly worked on my ankle inversion today and thought I need to stretch out my ankle a bit more because my foot is quite tight. She showed me a few different ways to stretch the ankle but she said it's best to do it without the ankle brace.

Just when I thought I could have a bit of privacy in my own house, the builders turned up. It's a bit strange to turn up at 4 p.m. I wonder how long they'll stay here for. I must say I'm a bit stressed out having them around. I can't wait for the bathroom to be finished so I can have a bit of peace and quietness and not having to share my portable bathroom with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home