Tuesday, April 26, 2005

26 April 2005

Tim had to run a tutorial for a group of lawyers this morning so he got up fairly early so he could get Lillian ready and take her to childcare. I had to go to my self help group hydro but my session is not till 9 a.m. so I wasn’t in a hurry. In fact, I think I got there too early last week and I had to wait around for ages. MECRS is so close to my house and it’s much easier when I don’t have to wait for the taxi anymore. Sometimes, I wish there is a lot more parking at Epworth so I can just drive there.

When I got to MECRS, it was still quite early. I parked my car at a disabled parking spot just outside the building where I stayed when I was an in-patient. There were no other cars there so I didn’t even need to do a parallel parking, something I still don’t like doing.


I was the first one to arrive at the pool. When I went to the office to pay, one of the MECRS staff asked me how was my long weekend. It took me a few seconds to come up with a response. I guess I'm just not used to people asking me that anymore. I felt like saying to her that everyday is like a groundhog's day for me so a long weekend is just the same as any other day. Maybe Gavin knows how his patients feel so he never asks me about my weekend. In the past, when I have too much time left in the session, I’d do some swimming but since Judy told me that I’d better not swim because of my ankle inversion, I thought I’d better make sure I don’t have too much time left at the end. I repeated my arm exercises many times before I moved on to my leg exercises. I wasn’t tired after the hydro but by the time I got home, I was feeling quite exhausted.

I’m feeling quite stressed out because the bathroom renovation starts this Friday and we’re leaving for Canberra on the same day. I have to make sure we pack away all the stuff in the bathroom now before then plus all my and Lillian’s packings. Fortunately, I spent the whole weekend doing Tim’s BAS’ and have finished them all. At least there is one less chore to worry about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home