Sunday, May 08, 2005

29 April - 7 May

I haven't been updating the diary while in Canberra. This doesn't mean I slacked off completely while I was there. In fact, I was working very hard on my legs everyday. We hired a stepper - one of those big ones and borrowed an elliptical cross trainer from Ivana. My daily routine exercises included the stepper, elliptical and mini trampoline. I only noticed it recently that my left thigh is actually smaller than my right thigh - probably due to the atrophy. I know my muscles have atrophied but I didn't realise it was so serious until I noticed the difference in the size of my legs.

Helen has been speaking to Paddy and it's a relief to find out that she is fine. We were all very worried about her when we first heard the news.

We left Canberra on Saturday because Tim has too much work to do.

It's good to come home to see the house is still there. I was a bit worried leaving the house to the builders while they work on the bathroom. I'm glad we went away for a while because it's so dusty when we got back - all the floors and furnitures are covered with dust. The bathroom is not finished yet but we have hired a portable bathroom which comes with a shower and a toilet in a trailer. It's actually better than I expected. The only problem is - I know this may sound petty - it's a bit like a public toilet at the moment because the builders all use it. Tim was going to tell them that they are welcome to use it but I stopped him from doing that. I could tell that they have been using it. For a start, I don't leave the toilet seat up and Tim has been house trained enough not to leave it up. On several occassions, I went to the bathroom and the toilet seat was up. I could also see muddy foot prints and wood dust on the floor. It's quite clear that they have been using it without invitation anyway. Tim thinks I'm just mean but I just don't like sharing my bathroom with everyone, especially when we have been paying the hiring fees for the portable bathroom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home