Thursday, April 21, 2005

21 April 2005

I was so tired when I woke up this morning. My muscles were really aching. I think they had a pretty good workout yesterday. I felt like sleeping in a bit more but I remembered my appointment with Jill, the social worker from ARBIAS, at 10 a.m. so I had to get ready before then.

I didn’t feel like doing the exercise bike this morning so I did the mini stepper instead and then the mini trampoline. My legs were quite tired but I just want to make sure there is enough for Judy to work on today since I have an appointment with her at 12.30 pm.

Jill didn’t turn up at 10 a.m. I thought she might be just running a bit late because I noticed that she was never on time with our appointments. There are many chores I need to do such as online grocery shopping and Tim’s accounts but I didn’t want to start on those and then she turns up and I’ll have to stop again. I waited till almost 11 a.m. and thought it’s a bit rediculous that she’s an hour late so I called her on her mobile to find out what’s going on. It turned out that she thought I was away so she crossed out our appointment in her diary. I reminded her that I’m not going away till next week and I saw her writing down our appointment in her diary. She checked again and told me that I was right. She wanted to reschedule our appointment but I told her it’s better if I can sort out my appointment with Gavin first and then let her know. I know this seems really trivial but it sort of stuff up my morning a little bit.
I often wonder why accountants are the only ones who can’t make any mistakes now that I have a lot more dealing with people in other professions. Imagine if I didn’t show up at a client appointment when I was working in an accounting firm, I think I would have lost the client.

Judy turned up a bit earlier than scheduled. I told her about what the orthopaedics told me about my shoulder and that Gavin will have look at it tomorrow. She’s a bit concerned that if Gavin spends time on the shoulder, it would be at the expense of the leg. She said she’d like to see me running first before Gavin looks at the arm. I told her that I probably don’t need Gavin to spend too much time on the arm but I’m also concerned that because my arm has recovered quite well, people may neglect treating it. There may be a lot of problems with it but without a professional checking it thoroughly, I probably wouldn’t know. It’s just like I didn’t even notice that I can’t shrug my left shoulder as much as the right shoulder until Rosemary pointed out to me. I mentioned to Judy that on Tuesday when I was in the MECRS pool I tried to swim but my left ankle was inverting so much and in the end I had to stop because it hurt. She worked on my leg a bit and ask me to move my leg sideways without moving my foot. I couldn't do that because everytime I tried to move my leg, my ankle just inverted. She told me it's probably too early for me to swim and I probably shouldn't do it if the ankle inverts so much.

Prema came in the afternoon but her hand is still unwell. She said she just wanted to check how I was doing and whether I had any questions with my exercises. It’s so nice of her to do that. I told her about my meeting with the orthopaedics and asked her about how to strengthen my trapezius muscle since that’s the muscle that shrugs the shoulder. She gave me some stretches and exercises to do. She told me I should do them after a hot shower or have a heat pack on for a while because muscles work better when they are warm. I think that’s good advice because I tend to do the opposite. I tend to do my exercises cold and have a shower after my exercises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home