Monday, April 11, 2005

12 April 2005

I went to my self-help group this morning. We dropped Lillian off at the childcare first and then Tim dropped me off at MECRS. I told Tim that once I get my prescription sunglasses sorted I’ll drive there myself.

When I got to the pool, there were a few people in the pool already. I have decided that I’ll be the last one to get out so I don’t have to hurry up in the shower. I didn’t even bother to get my exercise program today since I know them so well. It’s the same set of exercises Fiona set for me last September. She made them harder for me over the months by adding paddles and getting me to do them bimanually but I think I got to the stage that I need new exercises. I finished my arm exercises by about 9 a.m. and I still had 45 minutes to go. I told Tim last time that I think I need new program because I don’t have much to do in the pool. He said in weight training, people often do 3 sets of 10 and he suggested that I do that. This is exactly what I did and in fact I did the program three times. I tried to make the exercises harder by doing them faster because the increase in resistance when I increase the speed. After doing the exercises about three times, I decided that was enough for the arm and I’d do some swimming with the support of a noodle. I think it’s a good exercise for me because as I started to swim, my left ankle started inverting. I had to try to relax to stop the inversion. To avoid going around in a circle, I have to make sure I don’t try to swim with my right side only. The only way to do this is to relax my right side more and get left side to do more work. If my ankle inversion is like what Gerlinda said, all to do with the brain then I think this is quite a good exercise for me.

When I got home, I found that I couldn’t open the front door with my key. I had this problem before and I had complained to Tim before that we probably need a new lock but he didn’t seem to think that was a problem and for a while I haven’t had this problem. I tried it for a while without success and then I started to wonder if he had changed the lock when I was away. Fortunately I had my mobile with me so I called Tim using my mobile. He came home and I handed him to key to show him that my key didn’t work. He turned the key and the door opened just like that. It’s a bit embarrassing but at least I didn’t call a locksmith.
The first thing I did when I got home was calling Neil and Rosemary to arrange for a time for my exercises this week. I tried calling Neil’s office but there was no answer so I tried his home number. Rosemary answered the phone so we made a time to meet on Thursday. I didn’t talk to her for very long on the phone because she was doing some gardening when I called. I then tried calling Neil at his office again. This time he answered the phone. He was very pleased that I published 3 blogs yesterday and commented that my typing speed must have improved even more. Just out of curiosity I did another typing test and my gross typing speed is 36 wpm and net is 34 wpm. I checked my record and just about a week ago my gross typing speed was 34 wpm and net was 33 wpm. This proves that Neil was right, my typing has improved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home