Wednesday, March 30, 2005

31 March 2005

I didn't have to go anywhere today so I started with my exercise bike when I got up in the morning and then the mini stepper and then the mini trampoline. I was trying to do as much as possible before my apppointment with Judy, the massage therapist. Gavin didn't work me too hard yesterday and I was a bit worried that Judy wouldn't have enough to work on today.

The phone kept ringing when I was in the shower but I didn't bother getting it. I knew by the time I get to it, it would probably have stopped and I didn't want to risk twisting my ankle without an ankle brace on. I wondered whether it was Judy because her daughter is due to have a baby this week and she will need to help out on looking after her grandchildren if her daughter goes to the hospital. After the shower, I went to check my mobile first because I think if it was Judy, she'd probably leave a message on the mobile before calling me on the landline. There was a message on the mobile but it wasn't from Judy.

While I was waiting for Judy, I thought I'd do more exercises on my legs (just right next to the door). When I was doing some exercises Gavin got me to do a while back - to push up through my calves and stand on my toes, I heard the gate opened. I think it must be Judy. I thought about opening the door but it would probably be too spooky - you don't normally expect some open the door when you walk in their gate (except in some horror movies). I waited till she rang the door bell and then counted to 10 before I opened the door.

Judy didn't complain that there was not enough for her to work on this time. I told her that I was so tired on the Easter long weekend and I couldn't get out of bed last Friday after the Bobath course. This is exactly what she was worried about. She told me that I should be careful not to tire myself too muchbecause it will take me longer to recover. She also commented that perhaps I should review my anticipated recovery. I should probably aim for 90% recovery but not 100% recovery - just to be more realistic. I couldn't remember exactly what she said because I switched off as soon as I heard that. The only way I can keep going these days is by blocking out anything that's negative. I only have selective hearing these days.

I had an appointment with Prema this afternoon. I showed her the letter I photocopied for her from the Bobath course. She had problem reading it as well. I showed the letter to Neil and Tim last week and neither of them could read it. She said she'll take it with her and try to decipher it. I told her what Gavin got me to work on yesterday. It's easier to explain to her about Rhumba walks because she's done some dancing before. She got me to do the walking practice Gavin got me to do yesterday and gave me more corrections and some exercises to work on. It felt a bit like having a dance lesson. I was telling Tim last night that I thought every neuro physio should learn ballroom dancing, I think it will make them better physios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home