Wednesday, March 02, 2005

3 March 2005

I had a massage session with Judy this morning. She's very happy to hear that I'll be going to Epworth for physio from next week. She thinks MECRS doesn't work me hard enough and there's not enough for her to work on me on a weekly basis and she thinks that will change once I start my physio sessions with Gavin.

After my massage session, I was trying to get ready for my sessions at MECRS. It's strange to think that these could be my last sessions at MECRS. The taxi actually turned up early, fortunately I was all ready to go.

I couldn't really concentrate in my hydro session. I kept thinking about what Catherine said last night and the the possibility of a permanent impairment dawned on me. I really wished she didn't mention it. Being a physio herself, I wished she would be more encouraging - such as commenting on how much progress I've made instead of labelling me a disabled person. I guess the fact that she worked at MECRS a long time ago may have something to do with it.

I told Fiona in my physio session that I've spoken with Gavin and I'll be going to Epworth next Monday. She was nice enough to give me till next Tuesday to discharge me just to make sure that I'll definitely be going to Epworth. So this would not be my last physio session with her then.

After I got back from MECRS, Neil came around to help me with my exercises. I had not seen him for a while because I was not feeling well last week or so. He added more books to my "Mt Everest" since he thought the old pile was too easy for me. I'll have to ask Tim to take a photo for me just to prove that I can actually do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home