Tuesday, August 02, 2005

2 August 2005

I went to MECRS this morning for my usual self help group hydro. I was the first one to arrive this morning. After paying, I went to put my bag and shoes in the change room like last time. By the time I got in the pool, there was already someone in there. I see her every week but I don’t know her name. I said hello to her politely but didn’t expect to continue chatting. She was pretty chatty and I didn’t want to be rude but I was a bit anxious in getting my exercises done and have a bit of swim as well. It turned out that we both go to the same church, St Carthages. I wished I had spoken to her earlier because I also found out that her granddaughter, Charlotte, goes to the same childcare and is in the same class with Lillian. It’s such a small world! Now I know her name is Margo but I won’t see her in hydro anymore because next week is her last week there and we are going to Canberra next week so I won’t be going to my hydro next week.

In the afternoon, I went to my personal training at the Melbourne uni gym. I was a bit early for my session so I did some exercise on an elliptical. These days, I try to get there a bit earlier so I can work on the elliptical a bit before the session so I don’t waste time doing it during my session. Maybe it’s my accountant nature coming out again but I always find that I don’t get my full one hour session so I thought I can probably make it up by doing some exercises beforehand. Mary has her usual client at 1 pm so my session is straight after hers. I have met this woman last time and I didn’t know what to say to her when she asked me today if Mary works me hard as well. I felt like telling her if she thinks Mary is pushy, wait till she meets Gavin. But then again, she is only here for exercises, not rehablitation. She said to me that maybe Mary is not as pushy to me because I’m not as fat. I don’t think that’s the case though.

We worked mainly on the legs today. We went through the same exercises as last week with some slight variations. When Mary put me on the leg press I was on last week, my leg just didn’t work today. Maybe my leg still hasn’t recovered from the long walk we did in Healsville on Sunday, I couldn’t push at all. Mary thought the leg press is probably too hard for me so she put me on a smaller one. I tried it and found it a bit easier. She said it might be better for me to work on the smaller leg press and she’ll increase the weight every week. I’m not sure if this is enough for me but I guess I have to see how I go over the next few weeks. When my session finished, I looked at the clock and noticed that my session was a bit short again. My session didn’t start right on time because the previous session was not finished so I didn’t start till about 2.05 p.m. When I finished, it was about 2.55 p.m. I don’t want to be petty but my accountant nature tells me I got short changed again. I mentioned this to Tim last time and he thinks it’s not really a problem if I get a 55 minutes session instead of 1 hour session. That’s one way of looking at it but if every session is shorten by 5 minutes, you actually loose one full hour over 12 sessions. I hate to think what my clients in the accounting firm would say if I bill them for one hour of consultation but only spent 50 minutes with them in a meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home