Wednesday, July 06, 2005

7 July 2005

I haven’t updated my diary for a while. I found that I hardly have time to do that these days. When I look at my weekly schedule, I realise that I actually have a pretty busy schedule – two physio sessions at Epworth, two personal training sessions at the gym, one private physio session at home, one message session and one hydro session at the pool plus time to do some exercises at home. There is hardly any time left to do my diary and other things.

I had a massage session with Judy this morning. I was a bit relieved when she told me she’s happier with my arm this week. A couple of weeks ago she was a bit concerned that I wasn’t working hard enough and there wasn’t enough for her to work on. Today, she said my arm is much better but compared with the leg, I can still do more with the arm. That just brought up another question I have. I know Gavin always says I should work so hard that I feel absolutely stuffed but I don’t actually experience that in personal training. One thing I always thought a bit odd is that my personal trainer, Mary, never uses any gym equipment for my program apart from some arm exercises. The only time I feel I’m absolutely stuffed is when I use the cross trainer at home. I wonder if it’s a standard thing for personal trainers to do – not using the gym equipments. I asked Judy about that but she’s not sure what personal trainers do. I guess that’s something I need to clarify with Gavin.

After massage, Rosemary came over. She has a new set of arm exercises for me. I think it’s a good idea to start on those arm exercises again. I haven’t done them for a while and Judy has noticed the difference when I wasn’t doing those. I’ve written up her exercises in my new exercise book so there are more for me to do now. I also told her that I asked Gavin about my exercise prgram and he told me he thought it would be better for me to do the leg exercises at the gym. Rosemary knows that I was a bit upset with Gavin last week because Tim told me Gavin said he's given me a written exercise program but all I had was the shoulder exercises. Now I know he doesn't have any specific leg exercises for me but I can probably check with him if the exercises I do in personal trainings are adequate.

I don’t know what’s going on with the Harold-Sun newspapers. I received a phone call from someone by the name of Joe in the afternoon. He said he’s calling from the Harold-Sun. He asked me if I read the Harold-Sun. I told him no and he asked me how do I get the news then. I felt like telling him I get the news from reading The Age or The Australians but I didn’t want to give him too much detail. I told him I get the news on the Internet or from the radio. He said something but I didn’t quite hear it. To my surprise, he actually hang up on me. This is the first time a salesperson hang up on me. I was a bit upset because I felt that should be my job to hang up on him but I guess it makes it easier for me so I don’t have to be rude to him. About half an hour later, someone else from the Harold-Sun called again. I told this person that Joe just called me before and she was happy to leave me alone. I thought they should be a bit more organised in planning their calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home