Tuesday, July 26, 2005

26 July 2005

I think you have to be so disciplined to update the diary everyday. I’m really struggling to keep my diary up to date but since I have decided to do it I have to push myself to do it.

I went for my hydro this morning. It’s my usual Tuesday morning routine now. I left the house before Tim took Lillian to the childcare. I felt a bit quilty that I have taken the car so they would have to walk.

Last week was the first time I didn’t need anyone’s help with carrying my bag and shoes to the shower. It all started with the girl who usually collects the money and help out during the session was away and I asked another MECRS staff at the beginning of the session if she could help me carying my bag and shoes to the shower after I get out from the pool. She said she couldn’t do that because she has back problems. I don’t think it would cause her any back problems but I didn’t want to be hopeless. Another lady in my group suggested that I leave my stuff in the change room so it’s easier to carry them to the shower afterwards. I tried that and it worked really well. I don’t know why I haven’t thought about doing that earlier. I have been coming to the hydro since last September and I only found out the solution almost a year later.

Some people in the group didn’t show up so the pool was not as crowded. I was able to do some breast stroke with the support of a noodle. Last week was the first time I found I could swim in a straight line and my ankle was not inverting. Today, I was able to do a few more laps without my ankle inverting. I found that the inversion usually starts when my leg gets a bit tired or if I’m trying too hard.

I had my personal training session in the afternoon. My personal trainer, Mary, was away last week so I had one session with another trainer. It was good in a way because I had an opportunity to check out what other trainers are like. I felt Mary hasn’t been pushing me hard enough but from my observation of other trainers, they don’t seem very pushy either. It seems ridiculous that I have to push the personal trainers to push me. I guess no personal trainer is as pushy as Gavin is. I was a bit disappointed with last week’s session. The trainer was so careful with me despite the fact that I assured her that I was ok and she won’t do any damage by pushing me hard. I think I made a mistake by mentioning ‘damage’ because that made her even more nervous. I did tell her that I found the exercises I’m doing with Mary are too easy. I suspect she may have passed on the comment to Mary because Mary told me in the beginning of the session that we’ll try some new exercises. She got me to try the leg press today and for once I felt that was quite challenging. I was pushing it with my left leg only and at one stage I felt my leg was going to fall off because the muscles were very sore. I think my leg had a pretty good workout today because my leg was quite sore afterwards that I wasn’t even sure whether I’d be able to walk home. I think that’s usually a good indication that I had a good workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home