Wednesday, December 22, 2004

22 December

22 December

I feel a bit guilty that I haven't updated the diary for a while. It's hard to be disciplined enough to write the diary on a daily basis. Maybe it's so close to Christmas and I just can't wait for a holiday. The only problem is when I was working, it's ok to take some time off and relax a bit but when I'm still in a rehab stage, I can't afford to slack off. Tim kept reminding me that rehab is my full time job now but I think it's more than that. With a full time job, you can expect 4 weeks annual leave and weekends off. In my case, I 'work' on weekends as well and I can't really take 4 weeks 'annual leave' otherwise I'll be so deconditioned. I know Tim kept saying that I shouldn't complain and there are people in much worse situations. I suppose that's true - at least I can walk a bit (not normal yet) and poor Christopher Reed, to the date he died, he was still hoping that one day he'd be able to walk again.

In the morning, I had to take my AFO to the orthotist for modification again. Megan is on maternity leave so I saw her husband, Greg, instead. He took out the padding in the AFO and modified it a bit more and told me to try it again and we'll catch up again when I return from Canberra just to see if the AFO is fitting well. I left it on for almost two hours today and so far, it hasn't been too bad.

I'm panicking a bit because I haven't done much exercises and Neil and Rosemary are coming back this evening. I'm glad they are coming back but I know I'll get into trouble from Neil when he finds out that I haven't done all my exercises - especially the one ball juggles. One of the reasons that I updated my diary is because I know Neil will be asking me about that as well. So much for self-discipline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home