Tuesday, June 05, 2007

6 June 2007

This is another special edition of the blog. Today is a very special day. It is Evelyn’s 90th birthday. Evelyn is Neil’s mum and one of the loyal and long time readers of my blog. I think Evelyn probably started reading my blog even before I read them. Tim started the blog when I was in hospital and I didn’t get to read them until I got home a few months later. I just want to say thank you for being a loyal reader, Evelyn. Wish you a very happy birthday and many happy returns.

I had another assessment with the occupational physician hired by the tax office last week. I had been dreading this for months. In the last assessment, she was trying to get me back full time in 3 months but my doctor stopped her. I was really nervous when I got to the meeting because of what she tried to do last time. Surprisingly, she was not as pushy as last time. I think it may have helped that I acknowledged that I probably won’t be able to go back to full time. I think I’m starting to realize that it maybe too much for me to work full time and also try to do rehab. It is pretty hard to get up at 5.30 in the morning and go to the gym before work and work a full day and then rush home to prepare dinner before I go to a class early evening. I have been doing that on the Mondays and tried to go to the gym and then BodyStep before going to work on Thursdays. The days become very long with 2 gym sessions and a full day of work. I don’t know if I can cope doing that every day. Fortunately, the occupational physician thinks I’m ready to work another day but it doesn’t start until July. She thinks I should start with 4 hours and gradually increase to a full day by September. This gives me a little bit more time to adjust I guess.

I had a good running session with Neil yesterday. Neil has been helping me with running for some time now. Because I can’t see myself run, I need someone to tell me what I look like when I run and Neil has been kind enough to do that – just be my mirror. We went to the running track outside the gym and did some practice there before heading to the boxing class. I think Neil just wanted to help so after reading my last blog, he suggested that we go boxing together so I can have a partner for the focus pads section. I must say it was so much more fun in the class having him around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home