Tuesday, March 22, 2005

23 March 2005

I was feeling very tired when I got up this morning. Tim and Lillian were up already. I really felt like sleeping in a bit but I still had to make a bottle for Lillian to take to the childcare. When I put the bottle in her bag, I just realised that I forgot to pack some nappies for her so I quickly grabbed a few nappies for her.

After they had left, I started with my exercise bike and then the mini trampoline. Tim got me a mini trampoline for me last weekend. I know I have to keep up with my exercises because I don't have any appointments with Gavin this week and by the time I see him, it would have been two weeks since my last session. I also did some arm exercises set by Neil and Rosemary.

In the afternoon, I went to my Bobath course. It was very nice of Rosemary to come to the session, too. She went there to be an observer - trying to take some notes for me. I was lucky that Gerlinda, the German Bobath instructor, spent quite a bit of time with me today. She was trying to get me to feel what it should feel like when my body is in a good/balancedd position. She got the physios to work on my trunk muscles to start with. She told them to tell her when they can get me to do what she wants me to do. I found the exercise extremely tiring on my legs - my quats were quite sore after a while. When they thought I was doing ok, they got Gerlinda back to have a look. Gerlinda thought that was good and proceeded to the next exercise. I still have a lot of problem with my ankle and I asked Gerlinda about it. She said it's all to do with the brains - I don't trust my left side and was all tense and the more tense I get, the more the ankle inverts. I need to learn to relax it and my heel can touch the ground. I must say I'm all very confused - different people tend to have different opinions on the ankle inversion theory. The time went by quite quickly and our session finished around 3.30 p.m. Rosemary was very patient. She sat there watching for 2 hours! Gerlinda said they'll do more work on me tomorrow. Today has been the most intensive working session for me for the course so far. I felt quite exhausted when I got home. I told Tim about today's session. He had to do a presentation today so he couldn't be there. Tomorrow is the last session with the Bobath course and I was hoping that he can be there at least for that session but he has an important business meeting around that time so he'll probably miss it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home